Adela graduated summa cum laude from the University of Pittsburgh with a triple major in Health Services, Administration of Justice and Communications. She obtained her J.D., cum laude from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, with certificates in Civil Litigation and Health Services.
Following graduation, Adela spent almost three years in Boston, Massachusetts representing clients in a variety of matters, including personal injury, summary process, contract disputes, and class action cases. In 2017, she moved to Buffalo, New York where she concentrated her practice in litigation, medical malpractice defense, nursing home defense, employment discrimination defense, and corporate health care matters. Adela has represented clients in the courts of the State of New York, Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Ontario and has also prepared and argued appellate matters before the Appellate Division Fourth Department in New York.
At Aprodu | Conley, PLLC, Adela, leveraging her background as both a plaintiff and insurance defense attorney, mainly represents clients in civil litigation and health care matters, though does cross into criminal defense cases in certain situations. Adela also acts as Of Counsel for Brooks Law in Medford, Massachusetts, concentrating her practice on employment discrimination matters, and criminal defense. Adela also works as private counsel in CPCS matters involving guardianship matters.
Adela is admitted to practice in the State of New York, Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts, Ontario (Canada) provincial courts, Ontario Superior Court of Justice, and the Ontario Court of Appeals.
Currently, Adela resides in Salem, Massachusetts. As a former NCAA Division I tennis player, Adela traded the court for the courtroom, but still enjoys playing and watching tennis (though she gets extra competitive).
- Massachusetts State Court – 2014
- US District Court for the District of Massachusetts – 2017
- New York State Courts – 2015
- Ontario, Canada – 2018
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law J.D., cum laude, Civil Litigation Certificate, Health Law Certificate
- University of Pittsburgh, B.A., summa cum laude
- Adela Aprodu, The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and Fraud and Abuse, in Health Law and Compliance Update 2015 (John Steiner, 2014)
- Adela Aprodu, Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) Update, in Health Law and Compliance Update 2014 (John Steiner, 2013).