I was born and raised in St. Louis, Missouri. Attended St. Louis Priory high school in Creve Coeur, Missouri before moving onto college at St. Louis University. I graduated Magna Cum Laude with a degree from St. Louis University in Finance in 1988. After taking a year off to explore an occupation in the Finance field, I decided to listen to the advice from my grandfather and seek my lifelong passion of becoming a lawyer. I graduated St. Louis University School of Law in 1993. I immediately obtained a license to practice in both Missouri and Illinois. Due to my experience with criminal defense during my summers in law school, I decided to open my own criminal defense practice with a focus on DWI and Drug Offenses in 1994.
In 2007, I became a municipal prosecutor, which gave me a unique advantage in the courtroom when defending criminal cases. I was better able to see a criminal case from both sides. Additionally, I have regularly attended DWI seminars nationwide, giving me the latest strategies in DWI defense, and up-to- date knowledge of breath instrument technology. I’ve been happily married for 22 years and have two boys, ages 18 and 21. I was very involved with them growing up, teaching them the importance of family, faith and an education. I thoroughly enjoyed acting as their baseball coach for many of those years. I have continued my sole practice in Clayton now for 27 years, still passionate and loving what I do!
- Missouri, 1993
- Illinois, 1994
- Saint Louis University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri J.D. – 1993 Honors: Dean’s List
- St. Louis University, St. Louis, Missouri B.A. – 1988, Honors: magna cum laude, Honors: President of the Executive Business Club of St. Louis University, Honors: Dean’s List, Major: Finance
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2018 to Present
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, 2000 to 2010
- American Bar Association, 2000 to 2010