After attaining my Bachelor of Arts degree at Reed College, I went to St. John’s College for my Master of Arts degree. I then received my Juris Doctor degree from Vermont Law School, graduating cum laude, in the top 5% of the class.
As a trial lawyer with more than 25 years of litigation experience, I have tried more than 200 cases, from traffic citations, DUI, and misdemeanors, to major felonies, including capital murder, felony cases, and complex civil claims with trials lasting weeks. I have worked for large, medium, and small firms, as well as government agencies and, have achieved successful outcomes in a wide range of civil and criminal cases, including complex cases referred by other lawyers and cases with mixed civil and criminal issues.
- Admitted in Colorado, New Mexico, Massachusetts, and Oregon (Inactive), all federal courts and appellate courts in all jurisdictions where I practice.
- Former District Public Defender, 11th Judicial District.; Former Assistant Attorney General, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- National Criminal Defense College Graduate Former National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA) Instructor
- Recipient of Multiple Client, Public Service, and Other Awards: 10 Best Client Satisfaction
- American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
- Top 10 Nationally Ranked National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, Top 1%, National
- League of Renowned Attorneys, etc.