Joseph Rupp is a retired U.S. Marine Corps officer and criminal defense lawyer in Salt Lake City. Since 1987, he has dedicated himself to supporting and defending the Constitution. Now, as a partner at Collins Rupp, P.C., he works tirelessly to help his clients make their voices heard and fights for their rights.
Joseph started attending the S. J. Quinney College of Law at the University of Utah after retiring from a 27-year career in the Marines. During his time in school, he was deeply involved in the college’s clinical program. He spent time at the Salt Lake Legal Defender Association as a criminal law intern. There, he provided public defender services in Salt Lake Justice and District Courts. He also spent time interning with Holy Cross Ministries Immigration Law, during which time he helped victims of crimes achieve legal status in the U.S.
In addition to his law degree from the University of Utah, Joseph also earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Spanish from Weber State University and a Master’s Degree in International Studies from The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University.
At Collins Rupp, P.C., Joseph proudly provides criminal defense services in Bountiful, Salt Lake City, and throughout Utah. He represents clients in state district courts and municipal justice courts on matters ranging from misdemeanors to first-degree felonies.
When he is not working with clients, Joseph enjoys spending time outdoors and working on home improvement projects. He also volunteers his time at the Veteran’s Legal Clinic at Salt Lake City’s VA.
- David T. Lewis Clinical Award – S. J. Quinney College of Law
- Outstanding Clinical Student Award – Clinical Legal Education Association
- Excellence for the Future Award – CALIl and Outstanding Achievement Awards for Lawyering Skills, Trial Advocacy, Legal Research, and Business Organizations – S. J. Quinney College of Law
- Defense Meritorious Service Medal
- Meritorious Service Medal
- Air Medal – Strike/Flight
- Air Medal – Individual Action
- Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal; and Global War on Terrorism Service Medal