J. Mark Sutton has always been interested in helping people who are being treated unfairly. A career in criminal law has allowed him to assist people by helping to minimize their problems after a rare mistake, and to assist those who have the deck stacked against them.
Our Berkeley County lawyer believes that an attorney’s role is to make sure that each defendant is treated fairly by the police, prosecuting attorney, and judge. Mark Sutton’s approach involves learning as much as possible about each client’s case so that he can provide meaningful advice and counsel to allow the client to make the most informed and best possible decisions about their case. He is capable of taking on all types of criminal cases, from misdemeanors and felonies, to complex federal cases. He has extensive experience handling DUI cases in West Virginia and Maryland since 1996.
- West Virginia, 1996
- U.S. District Court Southern District of West Virginia, 1996
- U.S. District Court Northern District of West Virginia, 1997
- Maryland, 1997; and U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 2002
- West Virginia University College of Law, Morgantown, West Virginia J.D. – 1996
- West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia B.S. – 1990 Major: Accounting