Recognized for his excellence and integrity in the practice of law, Mike Chastaine has been selected by his peers to the Best Lawyers in America list since 2013, to the Northern California Super Lawyers list since 2005, to the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys, plus the 2018 Top 100 DUI Attorneys in Northern California list. Attorney Michael Chastaine also has the top ranking, 10.0, in the peer-reviewed AVVO site.
Attorney Michael Chastaine is also established as one of the Sacramento area’s top sex crime attorneys. Over the course of his career, he has successfully handled all manner of these types of cases. He also provides outstanding representation for adult and juvenile clients in both state and federal courts, as well as before various professional licensing boards. He provides effective representation in post-conviction appeals and writs. Michael has appeared before the Third and Sixth Appellate Districts, as well as the California Supreme Court.
With over 3 decades of experience in criminal defense, The Chastaine Law Office is the place to call if you have been arrested or charged with criminal misconduct.
- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law (1985)
- B.S., California State University at Hayward (1982)
- Summer Program, Magdalen College, Oxford, England (1983)
- State Courts of California
- United States District Court – Eastern District of California
- United States District Court – Northern District of California
- Sacramento County Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- California Public Defenders Association
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice (Member, former member of Board of Governer’s)
- Milton L. Schwartz Inn of Court (2003 – 2006)