BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell in both Legal Ability & Ethical Standards, Dean’s Honor List.Recipient: National Moot Court Best Brief Finalist, 1988; President Award, Student Bar Association, 1988; Nevada Endowed Scholarship and Ahmanson Foundation Scholarship, McGeorge School of Law, 1988; Honors at Entrance Book Award, McGeorge School, 1986; Best of Reno, Lawyer Reno News and Review; Who’s Who Among Rising Young Americans in Society and Business, 1992; Criminal Defense Lawyer of the Year, Consumer Business Review, 2001; First Place, Senior Persuasive Speaking, San Jose Invitational Forensic Tournament, 1986; Elaine Newton Memorial Scholarship, 1985; Second Overall Speaker Award, San Francisco Attorney Judged Debate, 1986.
- 1989, Nevada and U.S. Court of Appeals
- Ninth Circuit Law School: McGeorge School of Law, J.D.
- Washoe County and American (Member, Committee of Judges) Bar Associations
- State Bar of Nevada (Member: Fee Dispute Committee), 1997
- Executive Committee, 1999-2002
- Board of Governors, 2009—
- Board Member, Mandatory Department of Continuing Legal Education Board, 2009—
- Chair, Northern Nevada Advertising Committee, 2007-2009
- Liaison: Advertising Review Committee, 2009—
- Public Lawyers Section, 2009—
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Northern McGeorge Alumni Association (President, 1990—)
- Northern Nevada Woman Lawyers Association
- Nevada Law Foundation
- The state of Nevada v. Weston Sirex
- State of Nevada v. Brandon Talbot
- The State of Nevada v. Gregory Ford
- The State of Nevada v. Timothy Braxton
- United States v. Martin Makepeace, U.S.