I have over 10 years of legal experience as an attorney practicing criminal law, both felonies and misdemeanors, to include DUIs. I’m also a former Assistant State Attorney in Palm Beach County and a US Air Force Retired Military Officer with 20 years in law enforcement. I bring a wealth of experience from various aspects of the criminal justice system–criminal defense, prosecution and law enforcement.
I graduated cum laude from the University of Maryland School of Law and I have a Master’s Degree in Criminal Justice and Criminology from the University of Maryland. As a former Prosecutor, I handled thousands of cases to include, Retail Thefts, Suspended License, Driving Under the Influence, Narcotics Possession, Grand Theft, Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon and Attempted First Degree Murder. I have handled over 50 trials before 11 different judges. I served as Division Chief for a County Court Criminal Division. I was first in my year group to be promoted to a Felony Division. I have been rated as a Martindale-Hubbell®-AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated Attorney and The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 attorney.
- University of Maryland School of Law, Baltimore, MD, Juris Doctor, May 2011, Cum laude and Top 25% class ran
- University of Maryland, College Park, MD, Master of Arts, Criminal Justice and Criminology, December 1998, GPA: 3.89/4.0, and published Thesis on Personal Victims published by the Defense Technical Information Center
Wayland Baptist University, Plainview, TX, Bachelors of Science, Human Services/Criminal Justice, January 1993, Cum laude
Legal & Military Awards and Memberships
- Martindale-Hubbell®-AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated Attorney
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 10
- Avvo 10.0 Rating (Top Attorney) and Avvo Client’s Choice Award
- Directorate Action Officer of the Quarter, Pentagon, DC, 2005
- Lance P. Sijan Leadership Annual Award, Altus, OK, 2000
- Outstanding Security Forces Company Grade Officer of the Year, Altus, OK, 1999
Honor Graduate, Officer Defense Course, Ft. Dix, NY, 1994
- Distinguished Honor Graduate, Police Academy, San Antonio, TX, 1994
- Top Specialty Graduate of the Year, Reese Air Force Base, TX, 1990