Will Waggoner is a no-nonsense, aggressive personal injury lawyer who has recovered millions of dollars for his clients over the past twenty years. His thorough and complete understanding of personal injury law and how to get the maximum recovery for his clients is arguably the best in New Mexico. Those who know him call him a tireless bulldog of a lawyer who genuinely cares for clients.
Will is a fifth generation New Mexican who has lived in the state for most of his life. He has practiced in the area of Personal Injury Law for over twenty years. Will has successfully litigated every variety of personal injury cases, including auto accidents, motorcycle accidents, traumatic brain injuries, wrongful deaths, medical malpractice, slip and falls, nursing home abuse, product liability, and insurance bad faith and, doing so, has successfully recovered several millions of dollars for his clients.
Prior to founding the Waggoner Law Firm in 1996, now the Waggoner Legal Group, Will was a partner in the law firm of Coppler and Aragon, P.C. He is a member of the New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association and the National Trial Lawyers Association; both Associations are dedicated to the highest quality of service for personal injury clients. Will has completed in-depth studies on the processes and workings of insurance companies, which allows him to best serve his clients in seeking their maximum compensation for the injuries they have suffered, either through the settlement process or through trials.
Before dedicating his practice to serving his personal injury clients, Will worked for the New Mexico Legislature as a staff attorney and then represented a number of clients before the New Mexico Legislature, New Mexico Governors, United States Congress and two U.S. Presidents. He was a principle author of a draft Treaty between the United States and Mexico, and has represented numerous business clients in complex transitional matters.
- 2010 BV Distinguished Rated “Very High Rating in Both Legal Ability & Ethical Standards” from LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell
- Chair of the Young Lawyers Division of the State Bar of New Mexico 1993-1994
- 2017 Distinguished Rating “Very High Ethical Rating in Both Legal Ability & Ethical Standards” by Martindale-Hubbell
- University of Arizona, School of Architecture / Professional Program Minor, Business Management, 1978, 1981
- University of Oklahoma, Bachelors of Science, Major, Management Emphasis Petroleum Management and Geology, 1984
- Oxford University, Oxford, UK, Queens College- Certificate and Completion, International Law Program, 1986
- University of New Mexico School of Law, Juris Doctorate, 1987
- Captain, Field Artillery / USAR, Commissioned, 1982
- The Last Service, Desert Storm, Current Status, Inactive Ready Reserve (IRR)
- New Mexico Military Institute, High School Graduate, 1978
Past and Current Professional Associations and Public Service:
- The New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association
- The National Trial Lawyers Association
- The American Bar Association
- The New Mexico State Bar:
- Commissioner, New Mexico Bar Association — 1993/94 President
- Young Lawyers Division — New Mexico State Board of Bar Commissioner — Lawyers
- Assistance Committee, New Mexico Bar Association